Thursday, October 13, 2005

Birthday Magic

We had a fun birthday celebration yesterday, with a picnic in the gazebo. Pete got me a magic kit for my present. It must be good, because it is from the dollar store. And it has 15 tricks. This seems like a bit of a stretch, though, since the kit only contains 3 or 4 implements. Also, I noticed the first few tricks are something like "The Disappearing Ring", "The Appearing Ring", and "The Amazing Ring". I have a feeling the next one may be "Schrodinger's Ring". For this trick, you put a ring in a sealed box and wait until the end of the universe.

We are doing one trick a day for the next 15 days. We will post if there are any good ones.

2 comments:

shoshanamom said...

Happy Birthday!

I left you a birthday message last night- hope you heard it.

I'll be looking forward to hearing how the tricks go. Shayna would be into that! She got a little magic trick set last year as a "prize" from her teacher...I forget all the details but she can tell you sometime.

if you ever feel too old-- just remember I will always be 2+ years older...

Melly Mel said...

How about the ROUND ring or LOUD ring? LOL ... Great present for your dad, Pete! ... Happy Birthday - it must have been nice in the gazebo, with the fresh outdoor air.