Some interesting things we saw:
- Pete went to the Japan exhibit, which was fun since he had recently finished his unit on Japan in school. They had a little game where you knock the bottom piece of a stack out with a hammer. The kids were better than the adults at this because you had to hit it hard, even though this seemed counter-intuitive
- We stopped by the South Africa exhibit to see if they recognized dad from his visit last year (no).
- We got some cookies at the Nigeria booth.
- We saw a guy with a monkey who would take quarters from little kids. I think this was in the "Tribute to Ebola" area.
- We saw a mariachi band. They were not affiliated with any particular country, I think they were just included by the festival planners under budget for "random stereotype".
- We also saw some hula dancers at the exhibit stage.
- Pete and Sam won a t-shirt and squeeze bottle at the "we're not a country, but we paid an exhibit fee" booth for Liberty Insurance.