Thursday, July 06, 2006

Drink Preferences



Pete does not like anything with "bubbles" (i.e. carbonation).

Sam doesn't mind bubbles. In fact, lately his favorite drink is "Diet Coke". Note, this is actually Sprite, but for some reason he calls it Diet Coke. Actually, most drinks he is not allowed to have fall under the category of "Diet Coke".

Recently Pete heard that Gatorade does not have bubbles. So I came home with some lemon/lime Gatorade one night, to much fanafare and excitement. This is currently his favorite drink. Which is not good, since it's more expensive than apple juice, kool aid, or even Pepsi for that matter. That night we went to Wikipedia and read through all of the historical and current Gatorade flavors (warning before you try this, there are over 100). We also read the flavors that are not available in the US, to which Pete said he wants to go to Canada.

Also, I discovered on July 4th that Sam really likes beer (don't ask).

3 comments:

The Orlowski Family said...

Tell Pete I have some Canadian connections. Just to tell me what flavor he wants and I will get it for him.

shoshanamom said...

I'd love to hear the beer story.

gatorade: does it have any nutritional value?

interesting about the gas vs. non gassy drinks. I have NO idea which either of my children prefer or like (although they obviouasly like non gassy). I would say shayna likes both but maybe b/c I don't let her have soda except rarely on special occasions or if its the only beverage offered.

in europe they are big with drinking water with gas- which i don't care for much- so I got good at ordering water "honre gasse" (sp?) while in switzerland. its been a while so not sure how to spell the phrase exactly.

I have been giving shayna (and skyler sometimes) the V8 fusion drink- only way i can get any veggies in her. it doesn't have gas- so maybe pete would like it?

Cathy said...

Canadian connections for the
Gatorade or the beer, eh? Joey used to love having little sips of Tim's beer until I told him that Dr. Cirenza (his pediatrician) said it was not good for him and would stunt his growth.
Good day, eh!