Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day

Two conversations from Pete on Mother's Day:

1. Kid's Day

Pete: Do only Mother's get presents on Mother's Day?
Me: Yes
Pete: And do only father's get presents on June 18th?
Me: Yes
Pete: When is Kid's Day?

2. Special Privileges

Pete: Let's play Coolboarders. They have a 4-player mode. I'll go first, dad second, mom third, and Sam fourth
Dad: You want mom to go third on Mother's Day? She should get moved up to the highest spot.
Pete: Ok, you're right. She can go second.

2 comments:

BrianM said...

I used to ask the same question, and my mother would respond "Every day is children's day" But, then again, I wasn't clever enough to imply that there is a gift involved.

Cathy said...

Oh, shoot. Brian beat me to it. Grandma Grasso used to say the same thing, and oh, Lord, I say it to Joey. Ugh, I've become my mother!