Friday, August 26, 2005

Unpacking

The good news is that we have unpacked most of the boxes from the move. The bad news is that we have about 700 left.

Unpacking moving boxes is similar to unpacking Birthday gifts from my mom. First, there is the anticipation. You get really excited, because you don't remember what is in the box -- all you know is that it has an intriguing label like "Playroom". So you're thinking it is perhaps some board games, or maybe something cool like a dartboard. You daydream about inviting some friends over for some Pictionary, a little darts, maybe some Daiquiris. Then, there's the letdown. You open the box, and it just has some extension cords and a few manilla folders with old utility bills.

I had a dream last night that I was unpacking some boxes that I found in a corner of the basement. Then I find Pete in one of them.

2 comments:

shoshanamom said...

aaahhh!!! the agony of presents from mom!! help!!!

but we won't go there...

you really got a great analogy though-- ie the anticipation and the letdown. the thing is, I now always expect the worst, so it works in reverse- if its not just awful or ridiculous I am pleasantly surprised.

Shayna said...

Wow what a wonderful dream!
How cool would it be to have that as a present!


Were there holes in the box?